365 THOUGHT PROVOKING QUESTIONS (JANUARY)

I decided to do the 365 Thought Provoking Questions, where you answer a question every day. I'd like to show you how "January" turned out for me below. Also, if I were to highlight one question, it'd be number 11, so be sure to read at least that one. You can find all of the questions here.

JANUARY

1 When was the last time you tried something new?
Oh, let me think about this, because nothing comes to my mind ... The first thing I remembered was blending my make up foundation with a brush, as I used to do it with my fingers instead. It's definitely cleaner but I'm not sure if I like it - it feels like I need so much more foundation if I use a brush. I've tried this just a few weeks ago, so early 2015?

2 Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?
I always compare myself to people and I know it's wrong. (Don't do that!) I usually compare myself to my sister or my cousins, sometimes also my friends or Internet celebrities - as in bloggers or YouTubers. I know, we're not supposed to do that, but if it's healthy, there's no harm ...

3 What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?
Well, this is really hard. It'll have to be a combination of many things - like "do more of what makes you happy" by Alfie Deyes of PointlessBlog or just his reminder that you don't always have to do what everyone else does. Just be yourself. And I'll definitely have to add Zoella's "just say yes" - everyone should follow her advice on this. (Watch her vlog about it here.)

4 What gets you excited about life?
The second you realize you can do anything you want, if you're lucky enough. The possibilities are definitely what excites me most - we live in a great world and we should make the most of it. Do you want to travel? Travel. Do you wan to study? Study. Do you want to start a blog? Start one!

5 What life lesson did you learn the hard way?
That no matter how many great friends you have, you always have to be able to pull yourself together on your own. And no, I don't mean to say that your friends won't help you when you need them, they definitely will (if they're good friends), but at first, you have to help yourself.

6 What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?
Probably studying. I mean, almost everyone at my age will answer with that - because no one likes to study for your exams - if only you did it five years ago, you wouldn't have to do it now! But really, I don't know - I'm pretty happy with how my life turned out. No regrets.

7 Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?
I always ask questions, but I don't always ask people. Everytime there's someting bugging me, I just open Google and find out. (Last time I wanted to figure out why Tuesday is called Tuesday, so I just googled.) Also, I don't easily believe everything people tell me - I'm quite sceptical.

8 Who do you love and what are you doing about it?
On the first place, there's my family. I love them so much - my sister and both of my parents. I try to spend as much time with them as I can and sometimes I just get up from the sofa and come to them, tell them I love them and hug them. It's the small things in life that count. The same goes when you have a boyfriend (or girlfriend) or a best friend - you have to do the "small things" - tell them you love them, spend time with them and surprise them sometimes. (Go do that right now.)

9 What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?
Oh, this is a hard one as I don't want to start a fight here. But I'll go with something safer & won't go into politics at all. For example, I quite like 50 Shades of Grey (the books, especially the first one), but dislike the idea that every girl around me wants to meet Christian and marry him. Christian? Really? Is he the ideal man for your life?

10 What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?
I can travel a bit more now. Last year in summer, I found myself a part time job that pays quite well, and it makes many things possible now - also spending on things I never thought I'd be buying - like Lush bath bombs!

11 Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?
I think it's neither. Crying is a sign of very hightened emotions, whether it's sadness or happiness. You're not strong if you cry in public, but you're not weak either. If you cry in front of someone you love, it doesn't show your strength - it shows how much you care about them and how much you trust them.

12 What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I might just go and start a YouTube channel right this second. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while now, but I still don't feel confident enough. Maybe one day?

13 Do you celebrate the things you do have?
I try my best. I also try to give people around me as much positivity as I can and help them on their journeys through life and even though sometimes it's not enough, it always reminds me of how happy I am and how lucky I was in life.

14 What is the difference between living and existing?
I think everyone would give the same answer here - if you only exist, you're not enjoying your life. You can have money, you can have people around you but some people just don't smile every day - why? You should find the small things in life that matter, and smile and laugh and be happy. Live your life.

15 If not now, then when?
Tomorrow? No, but really - now is the time for everything. If you can make something happen tomorrow, you most definitely can do it right now. And everyone knows you won't want to go to the dentist tomorrow, either! But also, better late then never. It's never too late to start.

16 Have you done anything lately worth remembering?
I don't think so. At least I don't think the world should remember anything I did recently - but I'll definitely remember it all. For example, it makes me feel so good when I go and leave a comment somewhere, tell my favourite bloggers and vloggers they're amazing and that I really like and appreciate what they do. Also don't include only people on the Internet now - the people around you right now are even more important. Compliment them more often.

17 What does your joy look like today?
Like lying on a sofa all day, watching YouTube videos and my favourite TV shows, enjoying the small things and waiting for the Biathlon competition to start late this afternoon. (We always bond with my mother over these.) It's one of the days I get to spend with my family, so I enjoy it immensely, even though I don't really do anything special.

18 Is it possible to lie without saying a word?
You mean, like not telling someone something really vital and feeling like it's not a lie when you haven't said anything? I think it's very possible to lie without saying a word - it's just hard for someone to come clean when they don't have to. Also, not every lie is bad - most of them are, but sometimes they're not.

19 If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?
I've never thought of that! I try to tell myself all the positive things - I'm never negative on the inside, or at least try not to be. Sometimes everyone has their "bad day" and that's where one of your positive friends should come in. But really, I think most of the time, I wouldn't mind a friend like that - I actually think I have a few like that.

20 Which activities make you lose track of time?
Definitely watching TV shows or YouTube videos. Also reading or spending time with the people I love. Other times it's my job or just when I'm having fun - the time flies so quickly then!

21 If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
English, I think. I live in the Czech Republic, so English isn't the main language here, but I always had such great English teachers that I'd like to make someone love this language as my teachers made me.

22 What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?
I'd definitely regret not having a family later in my life. If I was 80 and had no children, that would definitely make my life unfulfilled. Also, I want to enjoy my life to its fullest - just do every day what you want to, don't be lazy and enjoy the things you get from life. Travel a lot and meet great people - without them, my life might just be an empty space.

23 Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?
Honestly, I don't know. I'm studying law school at the moment, but I've recently realized I don't really want to be a lawyer - at least not now. I mean, I love law and enjoy studying it, but I just don't know what I'd do with my life if I graduated right this second. But do I need to let go of this? I don't think so. But if I have to say one thing, I'd say clothes - as every girl, I have too many pieces. Lately I've been trying to get rid of the clothes I don't use anymore, so big success!

24 When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?
My family, I think, and the things that happened to me in life before. I mean, when you're 80 years old, your life still matters and you should still do the things that make you happy - it's just really hard to start at that age if you've been living an unhappy life until then. So, memories and family.

25 When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is right?
When you really want something, you should just go and do it. Whether it'll work, that's a different question, but you'll never know. Try living a life you'll not regret later. Just say yes to things - it'll pay off in the end.

26 How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
Well, this is an interesting question and I don't even know I fully get it. I think I might be around 25 at this moment if my age didn't matter - most of my friends are older than me (I'm 21 now) but it feels like I fit in more with them.

27 Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Definitely, yes. I mean, I love law and that's why I went to study law school, but my family and loved ones are just so much higher on my priorities list, that I'd do almost anything to save them.

28 What makes you smile?
This question, for example. Also, my dreams and imagination. My friends and family. It's really hard to pick one thing - there are just things in life that make me happy, and that's it.

29 When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
I think so. I mean, everyone says more then they do, but I hope I'll do some great stuff in my life. I've done a lot at this time, I think, but I have still many goals - it feels like when I achieve something, I always find several more things I'd love to do. So let's hope that my life will be full of adventures.

30 If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?
Just be kind to each other. I guess that's the only important thing in life, and that almost everything else comes from this.

31 If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
This is a difficult question. I think the most easiest thing to say is not to study, or study less. The thing is, I'm 21 now, and when I finish school, I'll be 25. That'd be more than half of my life over spent just studying. Also my parents would most likely be dead - I know for sure I don't want to live in a world where the average human lifespan is 40 years. Everything would be so rushed - but then maybe we would appreciate every second of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment